So, today I took our car in to get in registered. When I got there, I was told it would be an hour and a half wait. Their waiting room is really small, and there were already 2 moms with multiple kids in there, so I decided we would venture to the McDonalds that was not to far away. Well, we started walking there and I was frustrated because they didn't have the sidewalk shoveled, so Kellen wouldn't walk because he HATES getting dirty or wet. About half way there, Kason starts crying so hard complaining because his feet are cold. I look down and notice that he decided to wear his crocs today. Of all days, all winter, he hasn't ever put on his crocs. He did have socks on at least, but still, that is cold. I figured I would just finish walking to McDonalds and get them food since I was already almost there. When we got inside, it took forever for Kason to stop crying because his feet were cold. I ordered us some food and sat down and took off Kason's socks and rubbed his feet so they would warm up, and put his socks by the fireplace, which wasn't on, but Kason was certain that they would warm up because that is what fireplaces do. There was a lady sitting by us watching all of this happening. I just kept saying "I'm sorry it's so cold outside and we had to walk so far in the snow. I'm getting you something warm to eat right now." She was so sweet and leaned over to me and asked if there was anything she could do for us. She wanted to buy us some food and wondered if we needed any other kind of help get somewhere. It just made me laugh so hard, because I am 98% certain she thought we were homeless, and if I think about what I was saying to the kids, it probably sounded like we had been walking all day in the snow, and not just down the road a little bit. Seriously though, what was she supposed to think. I was just making myself at home at the local McDonald's by taking our shoes and socks off, and even warming them up by the fire. At least the walk back was much easier because the cinnamon bun he ate gave him "way super warm strength for all the day long" as Kason put it. After all of that, it was a good day because I got my car registered before the last day of the month, which I swear, has never happened! (By the way, the picture has nothing to do with the post, I just love having a picture on all of my posts)
14 years ago

10 comments:
It is so funny what people tend to assume just by looking at you or in your situation for the things you were saying. I have learned not to do that. This post made me laugh.
What McDonald's has a fireplace? That is pretty funny. Too bad you didn't forget your wallet in the car then the lady would have probably asked if you needed a place to stay LOL.
That is pretty funny. Cute little homeless Kawas, we love you.
That is so funny, and something I totally would have done. Remember when we used to work at McDonald's together? Good times! What a nice lady to offer to help.
That picture is so cute. What a funny story, she is probably telling all her friends about the homeless family at Mcdonalds.
You guys make me laugh so hard. We really need to hang out more. I have to agree with Marion, where is there a fireplace at McDonalds? Funny, funny, funny. :D
The Saratoga springs McDonalds has a fireplace.
That is hilarious! Oh, homeless!! So cute!
That is funny. Homeless and eating at McDonalds. That lady deserves big kudo points for wanting to help.
Wow, I can't stop laughing! Way funny story!
Post a Comment