Friday, March 19, 2010

Date night

A few weeks ago, Cam and I took the kids on separate "dates". Cam took Kason to the Jazz game, and I took Kellen out to dinner and ice cream. It was a lot of fun, and I think the boys LOVED the personalized attention. So, for Kel and I's date, I let him choose what we would do. He wanted to get eat dinner, get ice cream, and come back home and watch a mickey mouse movie. I MAY have persuaded him to go to Cafe Rio for dinner, because I was craving it really bad, but it was an easy sell, because he loves quesadilla's. We got shakes from Arctic circle, and came back for a little movie.
Kason was really excited to go to the Jazz game. He was excited to wear his Jazz jersey and to see DWill. Kason says his favorite part about it was that the Jazz won, and that Cam let him take all of the pictures from the game. Most of the pictures are of the same thing over, and over again. It was so fun to go out with the kids like that. We definitely need to do it again!




On a side note, I don't blog very much lately, because I don't feel like we are doing much of anything. We are anxiously waiting for warm weather, so we can get out of the house more often. Let's face it, I haven't been doing any fun activities inside for the kids, so we are really excited to start playing outside. Kason is continually noticing the lack of fun at our house, lately. Kason told me that St. Patricks day is a weird holiday, because you don't do anything, but wear green, so it should just be called "green day." I didn't realize how little effort it took to do fun stuff on St. Patty's day. Why didn't I think of dying our food green, or making an attempt to make green food. We did have broccoli and pea's with our dinner, but not intentionally. Does that count?? After reading every one's blogs and facebook posts, I realize that next years St. Patricks day can and is, going to be a lot more fun. With that being said, bring on the warm weather!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute idea... I agree I haven't blogged either... we have been so BORED!! We are ready for spring!!

RATCH said...

Date nights with the kids are the BEST!!!