I don't know how I keep forgetting to blog about this, but Kellen is wearing "big boy unders". He has been for a couple of weeks now and I couldn't be more excited. I am glad that I don't have any kids in diapers! He just woke up one morning and said he needed to go pee pee in the potty, so I put him on there, and he just did it all day like that, and has done it ever since. He has had a few accidents along the way, but is doing really well now. Everyone always told me the second child would be easier to potty train, and I would definitely say that was the case with us. The other thing people told me over and over again was to wait until they were ready. Seriously, I wasn't one of those people who "knew when they were ready." It seemed like Kason was ready to me, so I tried and tried, but I would get frustrated because he wouldn't poop in the toilet, and I had to ask him non-stop if he had to go to the bathroom. I sort of gave up on it for a while and decided to try again a few months later, and he just got it. In a few weeks time he wasn't having any accidents and I didn't have to ask him if he had to go all of the time. With Kellen, I don't have to ask him, or never really had to ask him if he has to go potty, (I still do sometimes, but its only because I don't want to clean up an accident) and I totally think it's because he was ready to do it, so it made it so easy. So, with all of that being said, I think everyone has their own method of potty training, and every kid is a little different so some things work with some and not with others. I can officially say I am one of those mom's who still doesn't know when my kids were ready to potty train, because I wouldn't have thought Kellen was ready, but clearly he was, thanks to the help of wanting to wear underwear like his older brother. I thought Kason was ready, but clearly he wasn't because it took a million years to potty train him. I am just so glad to be done with the stress of potty training!!!!!!!

Here is my cute messy camping face Kellen!!
8 comments:
Way to go Kellen. Way to go Amy!! That is awesome. Who wouldn't want to wear cool unders like Kason, Cade certainly did.
Good for you! I am now trying to potty train Dylan, and lets just say it's day two and I think I am already going to give up. It is seriously the most frustrating thing ever. I have heard many times that they will just do it when they are ready, and I am thinking Dyl is not ready. Way to go I am excited for you.
Yeah for Kellen and super yeah for you!
James is finally potty trained too! Best thing that happened at our house this summer... by far!
CONGRATS to you all!!! :)
Way to go Kellen! You are AWESOME!
YEAH KELLEN!!!! What a big boy you are! Good job!
I'm slightly jealous, but given all your trials of the last year...I'm happy this was so easy! Eli wasn't so easy....
yay Kel! That is awesome!!
Post a Comment