Cam and I were pretty excited when we sold our car 3 weeks ago, because we were planning on joining the minivan club. Well, we are trying to find a van through an auction, so it takes a little bit longer, so I have been without a car for 3 weeks. We got a call on Thursday saying they had found us a van and I was SOOOOO excited to get a van, and have a vehicle again. On Friday morning at 6am, Cam was on his way to work and HAMMERED and killed a deer going 65 mph with our only car. Luckily he wasn't hurt at all. We definitely can't say that for the deer. We have just been laughing about it because it is kind of funny and crazy. On the plus side, we got our new van late Friday night, so at least we have a car again. We haven't heard yet if they are going to total the car, or if it is fixable. Therefore, I am left without a car AGAIN. I am so glad Cam was safe, and it makes for a cool story for him to tell, which I probably should've let him blog about it so you could get all of the gross and interesting details.
Cam here...
That deer was demolished. If one is ever to hit and strike a deer, do it the way I did. There was no recognizable parts left. Just a big pile of mush.
It was insane. I hit is right in the middle of the Montero. Both lights still worked, but there was no fan/radiator left. I'm telling ya, mashed Bambi. When I pulled out my flashlight and looked at the truck and the road, there was fur and blood all over.
I'm seriously suprised how hard I hit that thing without swerving an inch. The toughest part of my morning was finding a ride home (thanks Pres). Nothing like getting the day off of work on a day like Friday. 3 day weekends are the best, even if it ruins your car. Oh well, life goes on right? I just hope that deer lived a good fulfilling life and hopefully his 3 buddies learned a valuable lesson about looking both ways before they cross the street.
14 years ago

9 comments:
That is crazy!! I am glad that Cam is o.k. I can't wait to see the new mini van though.
I'm glad your ok Cam, that story Rocks! YOu are such a guy the way you tell it!
Sucks to be without a car Amy, hopefully it will all get worked out soon!
CRAZY!! I'm sorry that you don't have a car again, but I'm glad that I get to keep taking Kason to school. I actually really enjoy it!
I actually don't feel bad for deer on the side of the road any more because I think of what they did to someones car before they died. It killed my car when I hit one too. Glad your husband is okay-they can be dangerous. Lucky you got your new car right in time though! So...your husband is the one driving the mini van eh? How does he feel about that?
I think I would stay in on any more Friday the 13ths if I were you! So glad you were not hurt!
That is a crazy awesome story. I must admit that I would have probably thrown up if I had seen the accident, but it sounds pretty cool. Glad Cam is okay and that you get a mini!
What an experience!!! Glad that the hubby is OK, poor dear though :)
im not going to lie, the best part of this story is that your now forced to drive a minivan. stop now.. call me 435.215.6929
That is one of my biggest fears to hit a deer. I must say your detail of the hit almost made me throw up LOL.
Welcome to the mini van club. It's the best club ever.
Post a Comment