Thursday, July 16, 2009

Round 9

So, I feel like I have been a drama queen lately, and only posting about our sickness, and sad stuff, but here we go again.....

Kellen was hospitalized again on Tuesday. He was only there for 1 1/2 days, so we are glad it was such a short stay. He had a couple of scary things happen this time that haven't happened before, so I was happy it still ended up being such a short stay. The best thing for Kellen was that he didn't have to be hooked up to a lot of wires, which allowed him to move around more freely and play. It made this hospital stay SO MUCH BETTER. We love him so much, so it's so hard to see him sick. He's getting older (he'll be 3 in September) and starting to be more aware, so I think it made it harder on me this time. Almost the whole hour to the hospital he was crying and begging me not to take him to the hospital and begging to go home. It was breaking my heart, as if it wasn't already hard enough to have to take him there. He is such a trooper though, and is already feeling a lot better. We are so lucky that things haven't been worse with him. We have been told many times by doctors how crazy it is that he hasn't gone through a lot of other things that would be a lot more difficult, and I am just so grateful. I can't help but be brought to tears as I think about how much our lives have been blessed, and how lucky we are that we are being watched out for. I know that no matter how hard things seem, we are only given what we can handle. I have been having a really hard time with this last hospitalization, for whatever reason, and have gained such a stronger testimony of knowing we can handle anything we are given with the Lords help. Sometimes the Lord quiets the storm in my life, and sometimes he quiets my heart as the storm continues, but I know that either way I will be helped and comforted along the way. I am so grateful for that constant love. Thanks for all of the love and prayers on his behalf. We are hoping that hospitalization #9 will be the last....


14 comments:

Shea said...

we are hoping it will be the last time too! you are a strong and amazing mother, amy! we love you guys.

The Bingham's said...

You brought tears to my eyes!! You are truely amazing and I am in awe of you. I truely hope that this was the last one too!!

Jenny said...

We are glad he is home, and that he has such a great mom and dad. We are hoping with you that #9 will be his last.

Heidi said...

I'm hoping it was his last too. It was my pleasure to help you out any way I could. You know I'm ALWAYS here to help for ANYTHING. He's such a cute little guy and I hate that he has to go through all this tough stuff.

The Bucks said...

That breaks my heart! What a trooper.

Spencer, Emily, Ashlee said...

We love you Kellen!

Ruth Done said...

Seriously, You guys need a break! We're glad everything is okay. You guys are so strong!

Julie said...

I'm so sorry Amy. You seem to deal with it so well but I know it has to be tough. We will pray that he will stay out of the hospital for good!

Marion said...

Amy I am amazed at how much you guys go through and what great attitudes you have about it. You are an awesome mom. I hope this is the last visit for him.

Jon and Melissa said...

Wow, I had no idea. Your poor family. I think that is one of the hardest things as a mother-to watch your child go through it. You wish it was you instead. You are strong and amazing to see the blessings in your life through it all.

Julie said...

BTW - thanks for the lawn mower - its comin' in handy now! We want to have you guys over soon. Hope Kellen is doing better.

Morrells said...

Amy, I am so sorry! It really is so hard! It is going to be hard to have to go through the I don't want to go to the hospital stage! I hope it is your last too! Take Care!

Anna said...

Oh my gosh Amy! I am so sorry that you guys have to go through this. This is a trial that you and your little guy CAN get through! Hang in there!

Kelli said...

ugh we so have these same pics w/ our 2 yr old. hang in there guys!!