Monday, August 27, 2007

This last week Cam had quite the commute to work. On Tuesday at 8:30 Cam was getting onto the freeway at the Lehi on ramp. Everything was normal, lots of people driving, a bit of construction on the right shoulder and some major slowing around the corner. Cam proceeded to the fast lane and was convinced to come to a stop do to the traffic behind him. Again all was normal as he was listening to sports talk until an unfamiliar sound came from behind. This sound was the screeching of brakes and tires on asphalt and then the sound of crashing metal and plastic. Just as Cam was proceeding forward, he looked in his rear-view mirror and noticed a blue car heading for the Montero on its rooftop. Within seconds we had an open window back tailgate and a glass covered floor.

As Cam pulled over and looked back at the after math, there was a smashed up VW, an upside down Contour, and a hammered Corolla. As Cam ran back to check on the others, he first ran to the VW in which there was a young woman he was crying and screaming frantically. Cam's first question was if she was alright, and the response he got was tears, screaming and a showing of a broken wrist. That's all he could get out of her when talking with a normal voice. Finally Cam had to scream and yell at this girl in order for her to tell him that nothing else was wrong. Luckily there were no other injuries.

After an hour of tying up traffic to a one lane road, everyone was off and on their way. Cam was actually the only one to be able to drive off on his own accord. Cam doesn't know exactly what happened. All he knows is that the Contour who was on his top is the one who was responsible for the whole thing.

A Picture from Cam's rear view mirror.

A Picture f the Toureag.




3 comments:

Julie said...

Whoa! How scary!! I'm glad that Cam didn't get hurt. I'm so scared of getting in an accident or even witnessing them. I hope whoever's fault it was has good insurance.

Anonymous said...

Actually, no he didn't have good insurance. He only had $25000 property. So hopefully we got our car in first. I am scared also, especially if the kids are in the car with me.

The Bucks said...

Hey Amy! I don't know if you remembr me. This is Megan Ashcroft. Ashlee Phelps found your blog and gave me the address. Your family is so cute! I would love to know what you're doing these days. Our blog is blocked, so I wil have to invite you. Write me back at bucknmegan@yahoo.com with your email address and I will send you an invitation to view our family blog.