


Last week we had a nightmare week. Poor Kellen just can't stay healthy no matter what we do. Kason had a cold last week and passed it right along to Kellen. To start, Kel was sounding croupy on Sunday, no big deal. Monday he wakes up with a runny nose and was breathing quickly. We gave him all of his meds and come dinner time were debating on whether to take him to the hospital or not. Finally we decided to go to Primary's. Cam drops Amy and Kel off in the ER and takes Kason to the Kawa's to stay the night. They hang out there while Amy and Kel get checked out. Kel's stats were okay, not great, but the doctors said he sounded alright. So Cam goes back to pick them up. While there, Cam and Amy still though Kellen was bad off, with his retractions and the pace of his breathing, but the doctors still insisted he was okay. He has an ear infection, but can go home. We were still uneasy. We should have pushed them harder.
So we go back to Cam's parents to spend the night and Kel sleeps in the same room as us. The whole night he was breathing so fast. When we wake up, he is just crazy breathing. So we decide to take him back in. Nothing like 2 ER visits in 12 hours. Amy and Kel drive in and the doctors now say that they should have kept him overnight (See we should have pushed them harder last night). His oxygen hovered around 88 and even dropped to 84 at times (normal should be 100). Long story short, 3 days in the hospital, no RSV, just a nasty cold. Poor Amy and Kel. The hospital was way overbooked. The ICU was double booked, other rooms were triple booked. Thank goodness we were in the RT Unit. This meant that we had a room to ourselves. Kel couldn't get down and walk around, he was either on a lap or in his cage. Amy didn't have a bathroom in the room. She slept on the couch and couldn't leave Kel alone. What a long week it was for all of us. We really hope Kellen can out grow this. No 18 month old kid should have that many hospital stays or take that many meds. Hopefully that is the last visit for a long time.

6 comments:
Poor Kellen is right! Your pictures is eve sadder than ours. Its so good to hear from you and now we can keep up on eachother. You have a darling family!
Amy I am so sorry that is awfull. The picuter of him at the top breaks my heart. I don't want to sound like I am pushing this on you but maybe you sould check it out. Oh by the way this is Ashlee Phelps Adam Phelps' wife. Adam and I have been wellness consultants for 5 years now. Nether one of our kids have ever had to take meds. They may get a cold once a year and it only last for 3 days at the most. and I trully believe it's what we do health wise. If you want you can go and check out this website. its
www.nikken.com/livefreeinc
It has all kinds of things to help prevent sickness. It has worked for us. Let me know if you have anyother questions. ashleephelps2010@yahoo.com. Please don't think that I am tring to sell you something, from the bottom of my heart I would love to help little Kellen and I know this would work. Good Luck!
so sorry about him-glad to see you found us here stay in touch.
nanny
Amy that is so sad that he gets so sick. I don't how you handle it, Dylan has been sick twice with just a cold, and it was so hard. Your an awesome mom. I'm glad he is doing better and i hope he stays that way for a while. Good luck.
Hey Kato,
I was doing a little blog surfing and found yours-what a small world. Shawn and I live in Vegas and things are good. I am sorry to hear about your little boy. Our blog is www.reeseinvegas.blogspot.com. I love blogs, they are such a great way to keep in touch.
Take Care,
Shawn and Jenn
Post a Comment